Most homeowners are always looking for ways to save on their heating and cooling expenses. You’d be surprised by how using your thermostat properly can help you to save big bucks on your energy bill. Here are 5 easy tips to explain how:
- Ensure your thermostat is getting an accurate reading of your home’s temperature by having it in the center of your home, away from drafty areas, and any heat-producing registers. If your thermostat is misplaced on a cold, outside wall, or too close to a heat-producing register, its accuracy can be compromised and your unit may be working overtime.
- If you’re planning to be away for a few days, turn the thermostat to its lowest setting. Turn your heating system off completely, as long as there’s no danger of your pipes freezing or other household items being damaged.
- Install a programmable thermostat, and set your unit to automatically raise and lower a few degrees during peak and off-hours.
- Turn your heater down a few degrees before you go to bed every night. This slight adjustment should keep you comfortable while you sleep, and can make a big difference in fuel consumption.
- Turn your thermostat down when having a large group of people over. Our bodies generate heat, and a large group of people can quickly raise the temperature.
If you’d like to make sure that you’re heating and cooling your house as effectively and efficiently as possible, then call Rebel Refrigeration at (702) 734-7750 and set up a consultation today. We specialize in commercial and residential HVAC, boiler, and refrigeration services in the Las Vegas area.