Here is an article with great tips on reducing your heating bill. The 10 tips include:
- Wear socks and a sweater inside rather than turning up the heat.
- Do activities that help generate heat. For example, cooking or taking a shower.
- Lower your thermostat when you leave the house.
- Keep your water heater at 120 degrees.
- Consider a thermostat that has the capabilities of scheduling when to put on the heat.
- Don’t leave your doors and windows open when the heat is on because heat will escape.
- Keep clean filters so the heating unit runs more efficiently.
- Keeping windows covered at night helps prevent heat loss.
- Check the heating unit to make sure nothing is in front of it and that it is running properly.
- Check your windows and doors for any drafts that might be coming through.
To read the full article click here.